HIRING: SENIOR BACKEND DEVELOPER
Cactus is seeking a talented individual to fill our Senior PHP Backend Developer position. This position is located in Denver, CO and will report to the Director of Interactive.
As a Senior PHP Developer your time will be split between actively assisting the development team with any issues regarding their work, while also handling the hands-on back-end development.
Your main responsibilities will include improving development practices, in terms of both efficiency and quality, by working with the Producer on the processes they use to deliver projects. You will also be required to create innovative relationships with both the development team, the agency team and third party vendors. This role will involve Drupal and WordPress development; therefore the ideal Senior PHP Developer will have experience in these platforms.Minimum Requirements:
Education & work experience required
- Solid experience with MVC frameworks and CMS platforms (Drupal & WordPress)
- Good understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Comfortable developing and debugging applications in a Unix/Linux environment
- Mobile experience a plus
- Knowledge of web application security considerations
- Experience with source control software
- Comfortable documenting code
- Familiarity of usability and W3C AAA accessibility standards
- Basic Knowledge of SEO best practices
- A strong understanding of the LAMP stack, security issues and web standards
- Ability to write table-less XHTML a must
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Possess visual aesthetic skills, including web graphics and layout.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to tactically organize and structure activities and tasks, paying particular attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build productive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrate Apple computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer.
- Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- 5+ years experience in backend PHP4/5.x and MySQL development position
- 2+ years experience working in an advertising agency
- Bachelor's degree in a business or computer science discipline
Resumes will be accepted only along with a completed survey, which can be accessed here: http://sharpideasdev.com/Developer
Please no phone calls or emails.